Along with DHL, our partner, we drew up a list that compiles the main prohibited products for shipping. However, you should keep in mind at all times that this list is not exhaustive. Before shipping your parcel or luggage with Nannybag, always make sure that it is safe and well taken care of by the carrier.
Main prohibited or heavily regulated goods
- Hazardous products: aerosol, detergent, fuel, fire extinguisher, gas, lacquer, paint, lead, perfume, asbestos, tobacco, alcohol and narcotics, chainsaw ;
- Lithium batteries: battery, charger, screen, hoverboard, printer, lithium, computer, battery, TV, Segway, and scanner (follow the DHL guide) ;
- Auto parts: gearbox, fuel, door, windshield, bumper, engine, glass, fuel, and oil ;
- Foodstuffs: chocolate, vegetables, fresh products, frozen products ;
- Appliances: oven, hood, washing machine, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, tumble dryer, induction hob, and robot ;
- Money and valuables: coins, banknotes, credit cards, timepieces, checks, lottery tickets, gold, silver, precious stones, valuable jewelry, value boards, precious metals ;
- Weapon: knife, ammunition, rifle, pistol, sword, saber ;
Fauna and flora remains, live animals, dead animals, ivory, organ, plant, and flower ;
- Fragile goods: bathtub, ceramic, marble, dishes, vase, glass, tiles, porcelain, mirror, neon, stone, air conditioner, water heater, compressor, and humidifier ;
- Miscellaneous: canoe, kayak, bed, mattress, box spring, piano, medicine, immoral objects, pornography, counterfeit product, passport, and identity card.
According to the French Customs website, there are also the prohibited goods for export and import. These measures aim to protect public health, order, security, and public morality, as well as the cultural and environmental heritage of France.
Goods prohibited for export
- Counterfeits ;
- "Pedophile" products: "objects of any kind with pornographic images or representation of minors" ;
- Asbestos or products containing it, except for those referred to in Article 7 (Decree of 24 December 1996).
Goods prohibited for import
- Counterfeits ;
- Pedophile products: "objects of any kind, with images or pornographic representation of minors" ;
- Asbestos or products containing it, except for those referred to in Article 7 (Decree of 24 December 1996) ;
- Products containing certain dangerous substances (e.g. lead salts, nickel) ;
- Plants, plant products, and other products (bark, seeds, land, and growing media) the introduction of which is prohibited in all Member States under Annex III of the Decree of 24 May 2006 ;
- Infant polycarbonate baby bottles produced from 2,2-bis (4-hydroxyphenyl) propane also known as bisphenol-A ;
- Animal or animal products subject to a ban under the national or Community health regulations in force ;
- Skins or furs of cats and dogs and any products containing skins or furs.
In a nutshell: make sure that your products do not appear on these lists, check the Terms and Conditions of DHL and remember to accurately describe the content of your shipments at the time of booking. For your international shipments, getting information from customs will spare you many troubles!